Thursday, June 13, 2013

“Eighty percent of success is showing up.” – Woody Allen

Exercise. 

It comes in many forms and is an imperative part of a healthy lifestyle. It's often difficult to get into the swing of working out if you do not find it exciting. I myself find it hard to keep going if I do not feel motivated so I usually get myself into trying all sorts of group classes.

Today I wanted to throw the word CARDIO your way. Let's face it...Cardiovascular exercise is no fun. So, the next best thing is to incorporate some level of excitement. I personally love spin classes.

Now, I'm not just talking about the old fashioned get on a bike and start pedaling to boring music. I'm talking about hopping on a bike in a dark room with AWESOME music blasting. Not to mention a possible light show. Can you say rave party with sweat?

These sorts of freestyle spin classes can be found across the country. I wanted to discuss one location in particular that really impressed me. Let me introduce you to Aura Cycle


Located in Los Angeles, this spin studio is incredible. Opening only a few months back, it's clean and modern atmosphere is what initially got me interested. I especially loved the fact that parking is free in the parking garage upstairs and lockers/showers are there if you need them. Oh, and first timers get SPD (Shimano Pedaling Dynamics) shoe rentals for free.

When I walked into the actual studio, WOAH. I was blown away. There are 4 rows of bikes, all set up in an escalating manner. The instructor is set up in the front facing everyone. There are also mirrors so you can see how hard you are pushing yourself. There are lights all along the mirror that flash to the beat/bass of whatever music is playing.


Let me tell you...the classes offered at Aura are intense. Each instructor focuses on a specific need such as endurance, lower body, and cardiovascular. What's awesome is that no matter what the instructor focuses on, you are definitely going to get an amazing workout. Not to mention, each class also works upper body with light weights attached to the back of the bikes.

After attending a few classes at Aura, I became good friends with the owners as well as the instructors. I ended up getting a part-time front desk job there!

*If you live within the Los Angeles area, or are ever there visiting, I suggest you definitely stop by and take a class. Contact me if you would like to try it out and we will set you up with your first class free! Believe me, you will feel absolutely amazing afterwards.


If you live out of the area and feel that spin would be a fun cardio option for you, go ahead and look up local indoor cycling studios in your area. If you would like assistance in finding the right one for you, feel free to email me and I will set you up.

People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.  -Zig Ziglar



No comments:

Post a Comment